Monday, January 30, 2012

My Ipad Weekend!

So I got an ipad 3G for Christmas, which was a great gift considering I was in desperate need of a new computer. After getting the ipad, the next question was which internet service provider I would go with.

I began my search with Rogers, simply because my cell phone and cable are both with Rogers and I thought I would get a deal considering I was an existing customer. No luck! They have their set prices and told me they don't offer discounts on the iPad plans. That's Rogers loss, not mine.

So I tried Bell and found out their plans are much more flexible. They have a flex plan where you pay $5/m if you use up to 10MB within 30 days. If you go over 10MB you get bumped up to the next plan which is $15/m for 250MB. If you use more than 250MB, you get bumped to the 5GB plan for $35. This is their highest data plan, so anything over 5GB is $0.15/MB. I really like the flexibility of this plan because I can keep track of how much data I am using by checking my usage on my ipad. I also have the option of saving my data usage by switching to wireless if I am in a hot spot or at a friends house that has wireless.

I got a free Bell sim card with my iPad, so all I had to do was contact Bell to set up the Internet. To my surprise, I had the wrong sim card for the flex plan. I had a sim card for Bell's pay as you go plan, not for their flex plan. Which meant I had to go into a Bell store to get a new sim card and have the representatives in the store set me up.

I noticed on Bell's website they were offering a free sim card and free activation if I set up the Internet before January 31. So I went into a Bell store over the weekend and met two really nice young ladies who helped me get set up. I don't know how, but we ended up talking about money and budgeting. The next thing I new the rep was asking me if she should buy a house or not. I gave her my honest opinion on what I would do if I were in her shoes. I ended up recommending three of my favorite books on money. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, Thomas Stanley's The Millionaire Next Door and Stop Acting Rich. Of course I had to promote my blog as well. I recommended they check it out for some money tips.

No comments: