Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 14 of Insanity!

As much as I love talking about money, I know that a balanced life is necessary to truly be happy. Plus if I plan to stick around to enjoy my riches, I've got to stay healthy.

I am on round 2 of Insanity. I am definitely crazy for putting my body through this madness, but I just love how it makes me feel when I am finished. I hate it when I am doing it, but the energy that I have once I am finished is just great!

I started Insanity for the first time last year and I have to admit it's the hardest work out I've ever done. I actually thought I was in pretty good shape before starting Insanity. I've been working out since I was 18, so I am not new to the gym or working out. But once I tried Insanity, I felt like I was out of shape. They really couldn't have chosen a better name for this work out. It really is insane! Within the first five minutes you're sweating, and I don't mean a mild sweat, I am talking about sweat where you need to wipe it off!

My first time doing Insanity I lost 4 pounds. I started at 133 pounds and went down to 129. I am still at 129 and would like to loose another 4-5 pounds. I like how I look and feel at a 125 pounds, so that's what I am aiming for. Today I completed day 14 and I haven't lost anything yet, but I am much stronger and am able to keep up a bit more with the pros in the video. Imagine doing Insanity non stop? Man, the shape I would be in! I don't know if I have it in me to do this craziness non-stop.

Once I am finished with Round 2 of Insanity, I plan to do Hip Hop Abs. I've never tried it, but I've heard great things about it. Since there's a lot of dancing in it, I am sure it will be more fun than Insanity.

Are any of you doing any work out programs to get back in shape?