Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How Much Plastic Is In Your Wallet?

Yesterday I decided to go through my wallet to see how much plastic I had in there and I was shocked to discover that I had 13 cards. This was a surprise to me considering I only have one credit card. As I went through all of the cards, I realized that I haven't used some of them in a long time. I actually forgot I had some these cards.

Here's what I found:

  1. My driver's license, I knew this was in my wallet. I always keep this in my wallet in case I need ID or get pulled over.
  2. Two debit cards
  3. My one MasterCard that I use for work
  4. Cineplex Scene card. This comes in handy for discounts at the theatre
  5. AMC Movie Watcher discount card
  6. Library Card
  7. Plum Rewards Card. This is my discount card for Chapters, Indigo and Coles bookstore
  8. La Senza discount card. I completely forgot this was in my wallet. I am just thinking of all the times I've been in La Senza and didn't realize I had a discount card. In fact, the activation sticker is still on the card. Maybe I should activate it! Lol!
  9. Suzy Shier discount card
  10. Petro Canada discount card. I love getting my free car washes with this card.
  11. Air Miles. I don't remember the last time I used this card, I forgot it was in my wallet. All those missed air miles.
  12. Health card
I knew that I've always been one to love a good discount, but I really didn't think I had 7 discount cards. They're all worth it because they were free and I really only use them when I remember and if I am already shopping in one of those stores.

How much plastic are you carrying around?